Tuesday, May 31, 2011

MY NEW CO-PILOT - COCO CHANEL













I was on the beach in St. Simon’s and this woman, Jacquie, and friends came down to the beach. She had 2 big dogs and this little dachshund that she called Kahlua. I said that I needed a little dog for my travels but she couldn’t give me the puppy. The following week, I was back at the same beach and Jacquie found me. She was moving into an apartment and couldn’t keep the dogs. I said that I would be thrilled to take the puppy.

I left the dog with her as I was flying home for two weeks but as soon as I got back to Georgia I went and picked up my sweet puppy. Took her to the vet and then the pet store. The puppy threw up three times before we got back to the trailer. Onto the web and found out that small dogs may need to ride higher so back to the pet store and got a great sturdy foam and cover seat and Coco loves it. We have only done one big drive and I need to schedule more stops to let her out of the truck to pee and run around.

She is house trained but when there was an accident it was my fault – telling a puppy to hold it is not a good idea. I am better trained now. Coco LOVES the beach and she chases birds and runs into the surf and digs in the sand and is perfect. She loves people and gets so excited whenever she sees a new person. She pulls and jumps and licks. She is a big hit around the RV Park and with people on the beach.

She has had her other shots and goes to the vet for neutering next week. She was not happy with me after the three shots she got so she will be really pissed with me when I pick her up next week. A few days of pampering and lots of treats and, like any female, she will be her usual happy little self.

I am so in love with this little bundle of joy!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment