Monday, May 30, 2011

MEMPHIS, TENNESSEE
































The pictures are in the wrong order but I have been at this updating the blog for 6 hours so you can figure out the snow day!



Lauren & I left Baton Rouge and headed north to Memphis. It was a perfect day for a drive – sunny and clear and a little chilly. Lauren was the best Co-Pilot. She was in charge of music, tire pressure, food, keep me focused and opening my water bottles so I didn’t spill all over myself. I miss her looking after all of this.

We arrived at our RV Park behind the Heartbreak Hotel. Got the trailer set up and then had a local restaurant pick us up in a pink Cadillac and take us out for BBQ. Fried pickles, fried green tomatoes, fried okra, pulled pork and brisket. Lauren was is heaven.

The next morning we got up and the water hose was frozen so I got it thawed out and the water running just in time for the snow to start. Yes, snow. Granted it was February but it is Tennessee for crying out loud. EVERYTHING was closed – Graceland, the Heartbreak Hotel was on a skeleton crew. We walked over to a hamburger place and got burgers to go. The snow was pretty much gone the next day but the attractions still didn’t open.

No comments:

Post a Comment